Friday, January 12, 2007

alternate realities

In another reality the Supreme court never gave Bush the first election. In another reality Bush was not re-elected, in fact, he was committed to a rehab/psychiatric unit. In another reality Bush didn't begin to take potshots at Iran in order to embroil us in a full scale war in the Middle East.In this reality however, I'm having a hard time having the sense of humor to post a fluffy bit on my blog about anything.

The question of the hour for me is this: how long, how many days, is it going to take for the rest of the media, the Congress and the American people to realize that Bush has just escalated the hell out of this into a major conflagration the likes of which I shudder to contemplate?

I have never hoped more than I am hoping now, that I am reading the signs wrong, worrying needlessly, and events will move in a different direction. Cross your fingers, I am afraid it will be a very bumpy ride.

*Update* : Not long, as you can see in this from tpmcafe and Flynt Leverett.

No comments: