Saturday, February 10, 2007

Degrees of serendipity

The Lessig blog has a post with a link to the Web2.0 video that is making the rounds on everyone's blog. It really IS awesome and worth a peek. Saw so many references to it, I decided it had to be watched, but then before I did that, I saw something in the comments section of this post about this wonderful article by Jonathan Lethem in Harpers, on the impossible to untangle goodness of where text and writing and thought come from, and is anything really original? Good god I love the random connectedness of the Web. (And yes, when you think about it, it does make perfect sense to have this article posted on this blog right there in those comments.)

It is the weekend, and I have plans to hang out with a friend tomorrow and then after that, really, actually, Do Nothing Much At All. Those are the plans.

As good as these 'do nothing' plans are, I have some "to-do" creep. I have to put away boxes of holiday decorations (shame!) and if I feel really responsible about my job, slog away at some things I can't seem to get done at work because I am too busy. Things are starting to fall through the cracks with greater regularity, which is appalling and unacceptable(!) So perhaps, maybe I do actually need to formally request another staff person (or two) - even though I have found this thought extremely hard to get my head around.

Oh, and one final musical tip: If you want to listen to wonderful music and support girlyman you can accomplish this by pre-ordering their upcoming CD!

No comments: