Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I am very very very tired

Last night I was up until a little past four working on a paper that
I have been procrastinating about at work for over a month. And this
was the second draft. I finally had to give myself a threat - in the
form of an email - to get the damn thing done. I wrote to the person
waiting on me, "if you don't see a draft from me in your emailbox
tomorrow morning, you can send out my first draft. " Somehow, it
worked. I finished the paper before starting time on the east coast.
However, this threat did not prevent me from procrastinating all day
at work, into the evening, and up until 6 or 7 when I finally half-
heartedly started working on the paper.
It was a libraryland paper. All about library 2.0 concerns - though
as a private law library, we are still sitting way back in the
library 1.0 arena. I think I hate the topic of our backward portal,
our sorry attempts to wrest access to our library portal page from
IT, and actually have a voice in specifying content, putting our
thousands and thousands of dollars of resources front and center,
where they can actually do some good. But I digress. I really decided
to log in so that I could post a list. I decided that in my
exhausted state - the best idea was a list. It can be titled:
Interesting things about today in list form:
1. I called in sick
2. I was actually exhausted and thought I'd go back to bed, but
instead, I turned on my computer, logged in to work at 8 am, and
worked solidly until 1:00 pm.
3. I participated in a work conference call from home where I
attempted to explain why all librarians had received draft version 2
followed by draft version 1.
4. My colleague librarians could have cared less about which draft,
my justifications, et. cetera, they were simply relieved I wrote it
so that they did not have to.
5. I am broke, but I went clothes shopping this afternoon so that I
would not be tempted to take a nap and get myself off schedule.
6. I bought 3 FLAX tops and 1 pair of FLAX pants, and I should be
smacked by the great budget gods.
7. The FLAX items were on sale!
8. After an hour of shopping, I realized that I forgot to put money
in the meter, phew! no ticket. I put money in the meter and continued
shopping.
9. I got a ticket because my meter had expired.
10. I posted about 5 things on my delicious account today. I think 3
of them had to do with RSS.
11. I'm afraid this is a boring list, but the idea sounded really
great when I thought of it earlier.
12. I'm too tired to think of anything more, and I am now going to bed.
Goodnight!

No comments: